Happy New Year all. The post below was written on 31/12/2009, so let's see how I fared.
Last year's resolutions were hit/miss. This year's updates in italics.
1. Try to blog more regularly - Worth continuing. 2011 will certainly try to blog more regularly. Maybe event try to note things that are topical to who I am and where I am.
2. Podcast more regularly - We slipped here but will try harder in 2010. Slipped further but 2011 might be a good year to get back into the swing.
3. Enjoy leisure time productively (digital photography) - Didn't really get into that this year, but I've got my eye on a smaller hybrid digital camera, and have managed to squirrel away enough coins during the year to purchase same. Bought the smaller camera, but haven't really used it much. Need to get out more, with camera!
4. Give to those less fortunate. I joined the crew at Kiva this year and it's really fulfilling. I try to donate each month and am helping people in Uganda, Krygistan, and Samoa thus far. In 2011I'll continue to donate to Kiva which is truly worthwhile. Vicariously sharing Jonathan Stall's Kiva Walk across America in 2010 was fantastic. Jonathan rocks.
5. Watch the weight. I've watched it, and unfortunately it's risen so I'm thinking it's time to join a gym. There's one in Collaroy which I belonged to about 18 years ago, so I may revisit that early in the new year. Might even make January grog free, just to cleanse the system. Watched it grow in 2010, hopefully will watch it decrease in 2011.
I hope that 2011 is kind to you, that you grow, thrive, and prosper in everything you do. Enjoy your new year, and we'll catch you when we can.