OK, so it's 2.40pm on New Years Eve. It's grey, cloudy, a light drizzle with a possibility of heavier rain, and it's warm and humid.
The cicadas have been going (in waves) since sunrise and they won't stop until sunset.
There's fireworks in the city, and some of the beachside suburbs at 9pm and midnight.
I'm tossing up whether to go into town for a couple of drinks (lights) and find somewhere hopefully not too crowded (unlikely) to watch the fireworks. The trouble is after that, it's absolute hordes on the buses, so it'd be saner to stay in town, (and saner still to stay at home).
But hey, it's New Years Eve, it's the penultimate year of the decade so I think I'll go in for a squiz (look).
Last year's resolutions were hit/miss.
1. Try to blog more regularly - Worth continuing.
2. Podcast more regularly - We slipped here but will try harder in 2010.
3. Enjoy leisure time productively (digital photography) - Didn't really get into that this year, but I've got my eye on a smaller hybrid digital camera, and have managed to squirrel away enough coins during the year to purchase same.
4. Give to those less fortunate. I joined the crew at Kiva this year and it's really fulfilling. I try to donate each month and am helping people in Uganda, Krygistan, and Samoa thus far.
5. Watch the weight. I've watched it, and unfortunately it's risen so I'm thinking it's time to join a gym. There's one in Collaroy which I belonged to about 18 years ago, so I may revisit that early in the new year. Might even make January grog free, just to cleanse the system.
I hope that 2010 is kind to you, that you grow, thrive, and prosper in everything you do. Enjoy your new year, and we'll catch you next year.